Sunday, May 13, 2007

My first blog :-)

Ok... So finally I enter the blogging world! Idle Sunday evening at Bhadra, hot summers, a non-existent workload, a finished-novel, and absence of my colleagues has left me bored... and then hit the rhetoric: "What next in life?". Conflicts and contradictions surround me, and then I remember an old friend's advice: "Pen down your thoughts, they would become more clear". I guess its the right time to start blogging :-)

I type out www.blogspot.com, and hunt for an account. A strong believer of one-person-one-identity-one-id (and hence in love with google's strategy of integration of services), I request for jhamayank.blogspot.com, and Blogspot tells me "Sorry, the above address is not avaliable". The first phrase in mind is "WTF, who the hell is that!". Opening the link, I found a page happily saying "STAY AT IITB", and a little note below it "has been wonderful". I realised I had a blog, and I still have NO IDEA of when I made it. The date said 30th April 2004, that would mean right in the middle of my 4th sememster end-sems. Somehow for me, exams have always been a workshop for innovative, crazy ideas and plans! (I can write a blog on it sometime later) . I was successful in recovering it using the "Forgot Password" thingie, and don't have to compromise with yet another ID to remember!

Anyways, the novel I finished was "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed Got Wild and Got a Life". A nice mix of humour, irony and portrayal of the Desi-life abroad. Its not uncommon to find people like Opal, her parents, the HBz, aunt Rekha... I look around and find quite a few matches in each category! I remember a genius-friend whose mother used to accompany him in each interview, each exam, used to carry his stuff around and have a mission plan for each event! Looked like he did all what his mom wanted, not what he did. Am not in touch with him anymore, but sure hope that he's grown up now!

Another song I recommend: "Main jahaan rahoon" by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Krishna, from the movie Namaste London. The singer of "Lagi tumse man ki lagan" and "Jiya dhadak dhadak" has sung yet another masterpiece. Don't miss it! And Himesh has done a good job with the music of the movie. Himesbhai rocks! \m/

If you are still hanging on, and found it bearable, and have thoughts/opinions, do leave a comment! Hope to see ya next time!

6 comments:

Giddu said...

Mayank Jha blogging!
Mayank Jha reading novels!!
Mayank Jha listening to friends' advice!!!

Triple Whammy!

Welcome to the world, better late than never...

Lavanya said...

welcome aboard man!! would love to see your bhadra frustrations finally worded.

Arya Paturkar said...

namaste!!
mein bhi gaon mein hu...yaar there is absolutely nothing 2 do here..kal se kaam shuru ho jayega so things will be better
now i can undstd tera kya haal hota hoga
but i am sure u have gaon ki goriyaan to keep u entertained!!!

Proxy said...

Cool!! Welcome to the world buddy!! Well written... the very idea of tp is pretty much clear from it! Rock... and continue!

Mayank Jha said...

Thank you people! :-) Looks like my first attempt wasn't as bad as I thought!

sandeep said...

especially loved the part where you had a blog and had forgotten abt it...hope u keep it going this time