Monday, May 14, 2007

Celebrating success!

This one's for Giddu's triumph! :-)

Few weeks back, when I heard the IIM results were announced, I immediately dialled Giddu who was awaiting his IIMA call.

Mayank: Oye, kya raha?
Giddu: Waitlist 27 at IIMA
Mayank: Oh, missed! Any chances?
Giddu: Scope hota hai, who leaves an IIMA admit! DITCH! (you can always catch giddu with his end-the-topic plea: "DITCH")
Mayank: Arre koi nahin yaar, GM hai tere paas, Gujju land mein Gujju babes ke saath aish karega tu!

Who knew that Gujju land and Gujju babes are waiting for him... but not at Baroda, right at IIMA! :-)

I always had a knack that he'd make it, he has the right aptitude... except for his grades he was a perfect IIM material :-) Seems that even they weren't displaced enough to stop him from being there.

I have known him for almost sixteen years now! And I'm lucky I have him as my friend. Of all ups and downs he's the only constant in my life. Talks with him are a bouquet: from pure crap to tech jargon to school-n-college gossip to girls to life-sucks to sentiyaapa... it can't be better! And I can't be happier!

Congrats Giddu! We love you! Rule IIMA! (and don't leave a comment saying: "Mayank, THAT was gay!") :-)

8 comments:

vishnoi said...

i wonder what was NOT gay :P

nice to know that Jha2 also blogs :)

Lavanya said...

dude!! ask Giddu for tips man! for all of us :)

Hrisheekesh Sabnis said...

hey nice to know that giddu made it through too.. :-) Hum ek hi panel mein the.. and now we are four IITB guyz from that panel who made it!! :-)

Giddu said...

That wasn't gay. :P

And thanks for dedicating one whole post to me..

Love you Mayank :)

sandeep said...

hmm...its great that we have friends in life...they r probably the only ones who make life a little easier to live...cheers to your friend's success and tum dono ki yaari!

Mayank Jha said...

@ Vishnoi: Thanks, its a blogbug :P

@ Lavs: He'll be like "Chill maar, ho jayega"! Bastard doesnt understand our urgency! :P

@ Sabby: U got some good company at IIMA. Wait till I'm there! Ek aur symposium karaenge :P

@ Giddu: Anything for u man! Love ya too! :P

@ Sandy: Sure they do! Someone please find me a job somewhere else!

Arya Paturkar said...

one for giddu!!!!

Kris said...

hail giddu!! ab main bhi shaan se bolunga mera dost IIMA me hai!! lest he shud forget who the hell i am... i will make sure he doesn't...
PS:- IIM walon pe ab daya aa rahi hai... :P