Saturday, May 03, 2008

The "B"-School

Finally, the results are out... I managed to make it thru IIMB & C, and got waitlisted with IIMA. So, looks like B it is!

Yet another change in life, and I have something to write about and update :) New place again, new set of people, going away from home, all within less than a year's span. And three changes in two years! Sometimes life seems moving too fast. Seems yesterday we were graduating from IITB. Well, this also reminds me my tryst with "B" - Bhopal -> Bombay -> Bhadrachalam -> Bhopal -> Bangalore! Even God didn't want this affair to end! ;)

As far as results go, I'm a little surprised with not getting an acceptance from A. People had asked me why had I not put my B & C interview experiences on the blog. I hadn't done it simply coz it wasn't as interesting. They were short interviews with more black-n-white answers. A was the only one which was exciting. But, unrevealing as IIMA's admission process is, I guess there were certain qualities they looked for, where we weren't compatible. Anyways, my loss, and IIMA's too! :P

Bangalore - here I come! Lots of things to look forward to... back to "student" life from a corporate world... "2-yr holiday" (as my colleage from ITC had once defined MBA)... GOD fundaes from some GOD profs... new networking channels... E-cell, which I missed out at IITB... Bangalore babes... sexy weather... my old-time friends Kris and Richa... but something that excites me more than anything else is "Bangalore-the Rock Capital of India"! I am already looking forward to the numerous rock concert opportunities that I'm gonna get, and the amazing live music at those pubs! I plan to buy a new guitar soon, and get back to some serious music! Ya, and do some studies in the process too :P

I'm gonna miss P&G though, it has been a great company to work for (after discounting the fact that I stayed home). It was a poles-apart experience compared to ITC... there was way too much to learn and deliver from Day1 (well, there can be a blog on it!). And my colleagues made it even more worthwhile. I found a whole bunch of new friends who are gonna stay all thru! Will miss u guys!

Back to school! :)

PS: Giddu, you didn't get the privilege to be my senior! I win 3-0! ;)

8 comments:

Adnan Raja said...

Congratulations, Jha2!
And Welcome to Bangalore! ;)

Akanksha said...

Proud of you bro :)

And yea - I was hoping hard I'd get to be your senior too :P But hey - I can still bully you, no?!

Make the most of this dude - you're so gonna love it!

As for us...we'll bump into each other at some random fest! :D

Cheers!

Mayank Jha said...

@Adnan: Thanks! When ru comin back?

@Aku: :) We would catch up, surely, at the Chaos-es and the Unmaads and the Confluences et al!

Giddu said...

3-0?

Mayank Jha said...

"3" refers to the number of years I was your senior at IITB :P

Whassup? Hows internship and Mumbai?

Hrisheekesh Sabnis said...

Like Giddu, I too missed a chance to be ur senior.. Too bad and definitely a loss for A! :-)

And Namma Bengalooru will be a wonderful place to live.. All the best VP :-)

Hrisheekesh Sabnis said...

Like Giddu, I too missed a chance to be ur senior.. Too bad and definitely a loss for A! :-)

And Namma Bengalooru will be a wonderful place to live.. All the best VP :-)

Mayank Jha said...

My dear co-OC... thanks! And we'd meet up soon! :)